Adobe Dreamweaver is a popular code editor. It is used mostly for making web sites. It supports various programming languages like: HTML, CSS, JS, XML, PHP, etc. It is well integrated with other Adobe programs used for making websites (Photoshop, Muse, Fireworks, Flash, Illustrator…). It is, as well, the most common reason to use Dreamweaver over other popular code editors.
What will I learn on this course?
Who should attend this course?
Web designers, web site owners, editors, authors. Whether you want to make a website from scratch or with some CMS like WordPress, Joomla! and similar, this course should help you.
Are there any prerequisites needed for this course?
It is required to have some basic computer knowledge e.g creating folders, moving files from one folder to another, etc.
I have a certain knowledge of web design, should I take an advanced course right away?
You should carefully study the course plan, and decide whether you should take the basic level course first, or you can skip it, and take the advanced level course right away. If you have already mastered at least 70% of the topics of the basic course, there is no need for you to take the basic course. Those few topics that you haven’t covered thru your work we can cover on the advanced course, and upgrade it. If there are more than 30% topics that you are not familiar with, or that you are feeling quite uncertain about them than you should take a basic course first, but since you have mastered some parts of the application it will not last shorter than a regular basic course, and the price will be reduced.
Is there a possibility to listen to this Dreamweaver course via the internet?
Yes, you can take the course via the internet (online). Whether you are not from Belgrade, Serbia, Europe, or you simply prefer the comfort of your home while learning, you can attend an online course. You can find more info on the internet courses page.
How long it lasts and what is the price of the course?
For more info on that please go to our pricelist page.
Adobe Dreamweaver course outline
- Site Setup window
- Files panel and working with files
Working with text
- Creating text – typing it or importing it from other applications (MS Word)
- Web typography basics
- Hypertext and hyperlinks
- Internal, external and anchor links
- Formatting text and links
Working with images
- Image optimization for web
- GIF, JPEG, PNG, animated GIF
- Preparing images for the Web in Photoshop
- Save for Web command
- Integration of Dreamweaver and Photoshop
- Slice tool, slicing the content
- Inserting an image on the webpage
- Images as links
- Basic workflow with tables
CSS (Cascade style sheets)
- CSS basics
- Using CSS for text formatting
- Using CSS for positioning elements
Interactive elements on the page
- Contact forms basics
- Text fields
- Inserting checkboxes and radio buttons
- Creating lists/menus
- Inserting buttons
- Validating forms
- Linking with the script for sending data on email
- Opening a new window
- Extension Manager
- Inserting Flash content on the page
- Inserting Google maps
- Inserting video clips and Youtube video
- Inserting Facebook Like button