This course is for the people who love Adobe Photoshop and have the need for 3D printing. 3D printing is a very hot topic, but designers are not always familiar with CAM software. For designers who are mainly oriented on Adobe products, Photoshop developers expanded functionality of Photoshop with a plenitude of options regarding 3D. This is an advanced course, that means that student is familiar with Photoshop application, although he may not be familiar with 3D applications or 3D printing.
Introduction and overview
UI overview, understanding 3D space in Photoshop
3D modelling objects from a sketched 2D section
Modelling basics :
- Extrude (most commonly used for text)
- 3D postcard,
- Importing 3D objects as meshes from other applications,
- Supported file types for import and export.
Introduction to illumination in Photoshop
- Types of lights,
- Basic and specific adjustments,
- Adjusting cameras.
- Material library,
- Texture mapping, and creating materials from scratch,
Rendering, basics and Mercury engine.
- 3D scanning, and preparing dumb mesh files for 3d printing.
- 3D printing technologies,
- Materials used in 3d printing,
- Printing metal.
- Preparation using Autodesk Print Studio, Autodesk Meshmixer and Autodesk Spark platform.