- What will I learn on this course?
- Who should attend this course?
- Are there any prerequisites needed for this course?
- I have a certain knowledge of graphic design, should I take the advanced course right away?
- Is there a possibility to listen to this InDesign course via the internet?
- How long does it last and what is the price of the course?
- I’d like to attend this course. I want to enquire.
- Adobe InDesign course plan
Adobe InDesign is the most popular page layout program. It is primarily used for making magazines, books, catalogues, brochures and other multipage documents. It is simple to use, has superior control over text and set of tools with the sole purpose to increase productivity. It can, as well, make interactive PDFs containing animations, buttons and links.
What will I learn on this course?
The primary objective of the course graphic design and drawing. You will learn how to design:
- business card
Who should attend this course?
Graphic designers, prepress operators, newspaper/magazine editors, etc.
Are there any prerequisites needed for this course?
It is required to have some basic computer knowledge e.g creating folders, moving files from one folder to another, etc.
I have a certain knowledge of graphic design, should I take the advanced course right away?
You should carefully study the course plan, and decide whether you should take the basic level course first, or you can skip it, and take the advanced level course right away. If you have already mastered at least 70% of the topics of the basic course, there is no need for you to take the basic course. Those few topics that you haven’t covered thru your work we can cover on the advanced course, and upgrade it. If there are more than 30% topics that you are not familiar with, or that you are feeling quite uncertain about them than you should take a basic course first, but since you have mastered some parts of the application it will last shorter than a regular basic course, and the price will be reduced.
Is there a possibility to listen to this InDesign course via the internet?
Yes, you can take the course via the internet (online). Whether you are not from Belgrade, Serbia, Europe, or you simply prefer the comfort of your home while learning, you can attend an online course. You can find more info on the Internet courses page.
How long does it last and what is the price of the course?
For more info on that please go to our Pricelist page.
I’d like to attend this course. I want to enquire.
Please visit our Contact page and fill in your contact information or write us an email. You may expect to be contacted soon.
Adobe InDesign course plan
Introduction in Adobe InDesign
- About InDesign in general
- Working with files and filetypes
- Menus, panels and status bar
- Navigating the document
- Opening a new and existing document
- Saving the document
- Tools panel
- Control panel
- Previously covered commands in the menus
- Tools for drawing basic geometric shapes
- Fill and stroke
- Moving objects, rotating and scaling
- Aligning objects
- Layers and changing the order of the objects
- Pathfinder panel
- Grouping objects
- Transform panel
Working with color
- Color separation
- Color modes: RGB, CMYK and Grayscale
- Color panel
- Swatches panel
- Pantone palette
- Spot colors
- Stroke panel
Working with text
- Text frames
- Tools for creating text frames
- Type tool
- Path Type tool
- Placing text from other applications
- Character panel
- Paragraph panel
- Glyphs panel
- Advanced typography options
- Styles basics
- Character Styles panel
- Paragraph Styles panel
- Editing texts using styles
- Problems with placing text in the document
Working with Photos
- Various photo file formats
- Graphic frames
- Placing photos and scaling them
- Importing Illustrator and Photoshop files
- Text wrapping and working with columns
- Effects with photos and text
Working with pages
- Adding, deleting and moving pages
- Master pages
- Page numbering
- Header and footer on the page
- Preflight and Package
- Separations preview panel
- Print presets
- Creating PDFs.